Matthew A. Cole, Corporate
[ vCard ]
Matthew Cole serves as Corporate Chair with the Jacobs Law Group. Since commencing his legal
career in 1993, Mr. Cole has has concentrated his practice in the area of corporate, securities, and commericial
real estate law. He has served for many years as securities counsel to a well-known New York Stock Exchange-listed
company. Over the years, Mr. Cole has handled a wide variety of transactions and matters, including public equity
and debt offerings for New York Stock Exchange-listed companies, stock exchange regulatory compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley
and other governance counseling, PIPEs transactions representing issuers and investors, venture capital and other private
placements for issuers and investors, mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, formation of
partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures, commercial real estate leasing and purchase, sale
and financing of commercial real estate.
Mr. Cole also focuses a significant portion of his practice on counseling clients
regarding business owner disputes and relations, or "business divorces," including structuring and implementing
buy-out, spin-off, split-up and other transactions that often arise in connection with business divorces.
Prior to joining Jacobs Law Group in 2007, he served as of counsel and as
an associate with several New York City boutique law firms and maintained his own legal practice. He graduated from the
Temple University School of Law and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Cole's recent professional and community activities include:
* Member, Education Committee, Center for Literacy - January to present.
* Legal Coach, Venture Initiation Program of the Wharton School of Business, University
of Pennsylvania, a business incubator for student start-up companies - January 2011 to present.
* Wharton Business Plan Competition, First Round Judge - Fall 2011; Second Round Judge 2012.
* Corporate Partners Counsel, JEVS Human Services - 2011 to present.
* Chairman, Business Organizations Committee of the Business Law Section of the
Philadelphia Bar Association - 2007-2011.
* Contributor, Skills and Values: Contracts (LexisNexis 2011), a practical
skills contracts textbook for law students written by Professors William J. Woodward, Jr. and Candace Zierdt.
* Speaker, Pennsylvania Bar Institute "Business Divorce" Seminar - 2008 to present.